Fri, 29 Oct|
Mindful Birth Live Online Training: Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth & Baby (Module 1)
Module 1: Prenatal Yoga. The place to begin your journey of teaching pregnancy yoga. A comprehensive introduction to the do’s and don’ts and the relevant research you need to know to teach pre natal classes.
Time & Location
29 Oct 2021, 08:00 GMT+8 – 31 Oct 2021, 17:30 GMT+8
About the event
Mindful Birth Training programs are research based & empower yoga teachers, health professionals & people supporting women during pregnancy, birth & parenting to apply the wisdom of yoga to women’s unique life rhythms & cycles.
Module 1: Prenatal Yoga
Pregnancy. It’s a miraculous process of self-discovery and learning. It’s a time of physical, emotional and spiritual transformation. And it’s a time when the practice of yoga matters deeply as it affects the life of the pregnant woman and her unborn child. This course provides an overview of yoga and meditation practice throughout the pregnancy, birth and post-natal stages.
- To learn about the relationship between the practice of yoga and women’s life cycles.
- To understand the medical and cultural context, both past and present, of pregnancy and birthing.
- To understand the physical and emotional changes that occurs for women and their babies at different stages of development, pre and post natal.
- To understand how to teach healthy pregnant women appropriate yoga practices for the stage of their pregnancy.
- To understand the common complaints, contraindications and conditions during pregnancy and how to adapt yoga practice to these in order to teach safely.
- To facilitate an understanding of how the teaching of pregnancy yoga can enable women to have a conscious and active birth and improve their birth experience and outcomes, so that teachers may then empower their students to birth consciously.
- To learn and implement the theory of Optimal Foetal Positioning as it applies to yoga asana in their yoga classes.
- To enable teachers to deliver interesting, informative and fun classes for women during pregnancy, for birth and beyond.
Our live, online training is resource rich, providing you home practice videos to support your training.
Together we deepen our understanding of the theory, practice and research begin the Mindful Birth programs. You will work in small groups, receive 1:1 feedback and be supported on your journey to becoming a pre and post natal teacher.
Mostly though this program, you are invited to experience deep transformation, reconnecting you with a sense of sacred sisterhood and empowering you with information to move through the rhythms and transitions in our life as women with grace.