Sat, 13 Nov|
Mindful Birth Live Online Training: Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth & Baby (Module 2)
Module 2: Post Natal Yoga - The post natal period is precious for mums and babies. Learn how to support women through the physiological and psychological postpartum in specialist and general yoga classes.
Time & Location
13 Nov 2021, 08:00 GMT+8 – 14 Nov 2021, 17:30 GMT+8
About the event
Mindful Birth Training programs are research based & empower yoga teachers, health professionals & people supporting women during pregnancy, birth & parenting to apply the wisdom of yoga to women’s unique life rhythms & cycles.
Module 2: Postnatal Yoga
The post-natal period in a woman’s life is a time in which she needs to focus on her physical, spiritual and emotional well-being, as it is central to her newborn baby’s well-being. Post-natal yoga classes honour the experiences of mothers in this time of transition and learning as well as empower women to connect with their own beliefs and values regarding mothering. Postnatal yoga also offers a holistic form of exercise for women specifically focused on the needs of the post-natal woman, including pelvic & abdominal reconditioning and back & neck problems arising from pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- To understand the specific physical and emotional changes for women in the post natal period
- To enable teachers to teach women how to involve their baby in their yoga practice (mums and bubs)
- To understand how different birth experiences will impact upon the post natal yoga practice of individual women
- To understand baby development in the early post natal period
- To learn specific asanas and exercises for reconditioning the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles
- To understand the social context of mothering
- To learn about Mothering with Mindfulness and how you can integrate mindfulness techniques into your post natal classes
- To learn how to accommodate women with young children who are also pregnant in post natal classes.
- To enable yoga teachers to deliver dynamic and fun post natal classes for women and their babies.
Our live, online training is resource rich, providing you home practice videos to support your training.
Together we deepen our understanding of the theory, practice and research begin the Mindful Birth programs. You will work in small groups, receive 1:1 feedback and be supported on your journey to becoming a pre and post natal teacher.
Mostly though this program, you are invited to experience deep transformation, reconnecting you with a sense of sacred sisterhood and empowering you with information to move through the rhythms and transitions in our life as women with grace.