Mindful Birth Live Online Training: Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth & Baby (Module 3)
Time & Location
About the event
Mindful Birth Training programs are research based & empower yoga teachers, health professionals & people supporting women during pregnancy, birth & parenting to apply the wisdom of yoga to women’s unique life rhythms & cycles.
Module 3: Yoga for Active Birth
The final Module of the Yoga for Pregnancy Birth and Baby teacher training is only open to those who have completed Modules One and Two. This module is developed to deepen your understanding of pregnancy childbirth and the post natal period. It is a highly effective and lively way to learn how to deliver Active Birthing Workshops in order to empower women and their partners to understand birth physiology and the principles of Active Birth. Further this course will ground you in an understanding of the best evidence based care for pregnant women, and how education regarding care during pregnancy might be introduced into your classes in a workshop format. A range of resources will be provided to assist the implementation of effective childbirth education into your classes. In this final module you will receive individual feedback on your class teaching. This Module also involves detailed description of the Mindfulness Based Childbirth Education project designed by Dr Jean Byrne and other researchers. Completion of this and the previous two modules will enable you to have the unique qualification of RPYT, and pregnant women will know they are in safe hands in your classes.
- To understand women’s physiology during labour and birth.
- To understand in more detail the stages of labour.
- To learn about the importance of the birth hormones and how to optimise the birthing environment for a natural birth.
- To learn about babies innate behaviour during the process of birth and discover how effective positions and movements can assist in the birth of the baby.
- To be able to apply practical knowledge of yoga postures to different stages of labour and birth as it is designed to enhance normal physiology during delivery.
- To develop strategies for implementing active birthing techniques in hospital settings.
- To explore, appropriate, practical teaching strategies for increasing the confidence of expectant parents in being able to give birth physiologically.
- To discuss ways of empowering women and caregivers to achieve desired birth outcomes.
- To learn how to use props to support women with more complicated pregnancies.
- To understand and develop a theoretical and practical understanding of mindfulness as applied to women’s journey through pregnancy and birth, and how you can integrate mindfulness techniques into your classes.
Our live, online training is resource rich, providing you home practice videos to support your training.
Together we deepen our understanding of the theory, practice and research begin the Mindful Birth programs. You will work in small groups, receive 1:1 feedback and be supported on your journey to becoming a pre and post natal teacher.
Mostly though this program, you are invited to experience deep transformation, reconnecting you with a sense of sacred sisterhood and empowering you with information to move through the rhythms and transitions in our life as women with grace.