Sat, 04 Jul|
The Yoga Room
Yoga for Birth Workshop for Expecting Parents
This Yoga for Birth workshop will introduce expecting couples to yoga poses and techniques to facilitate optimal foetal position, manage labour pain and stay present during these profound moments in our lives. Perfect for expecting mothers or couples looking to embark on an empowering experience.
Time & Location
04 Jul 2020, 15:00 – 17:30 GMT+8
The Yoga Room, 104 Jervois St, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
About the event
The objective of this Yoga for Birth workshop is to introduce expecting couples to yoga poses and techniques to help with labour and birth, inspiring them to feel more confident about the upcoming birth of the baby. We will practise different techniques and skills to facilitate optimal foetal positioning for birth, to manage labour pain, and to stay present during these profound moments in our lives. This workshop is perfect for expecting mothers or couples looking to embark on an empowering experience, regardless of how much yoga experience you have.
In this workshop, Holly will discuss:
- simple anatomy related to pregnancy and birth; physiology of labour pain
- the different stages of labour
- how to use yoga asana and movement to promote labour and cope with pain
- how to use breathing, visualisation, vocalisation and release techniques in labour
- the theory of Optimal Foetal Positioning (OFP); how to encourage OFP in pregnancy and labour
- the role of Dad or Birth Partner during labour
Holly is a Yoga Alliance E-RYT200 and RPYT certified yoga teacher. She studied pre-natal yoga, post-natal yoga and active birth with Michelle Papa and Dr. Jean Byrne in 2015. Since then, she has taught pre-natal yoga at the Yoga Room and has spent hundreds of hours teaching and empowering pregnant women. Holly gave birth to a beautiful baby boy in September 2018 and would love to share her experience with other mothers.